Monday, May 19, 2008

Inaugural restart post

So here is the first test of our new blog. I have fiddled with creating a family blog off and on over the years, but we recently put Bardsleyland and the John and Dakin Family Journal on our Yahoo homepage and have felt closer to these families as a result. Over the last few weeks every time Jacob or Ryan does or says something adorable I have said to Suzy, “See that was a blog moment!” I guess I have to give her a little jumpstart. We’ll see if this thing has legs or not.

So last night driving home from Grandma and Grandpa Stovall’s house we were talking with the boys about today’s (Monday’s) activities. As usual Jacob was excited to go to preschool and out of the blue he said, “I’m not going to play with the girls in my class; They’re kinda princess-ish. I like playing with the boys better. They’re more Transformer-ish and dinosaur-ish.”

So that is a great example of what I have been calling blog moments, and it has the honor of being the first one captured.

2 comments:

MAB said...

Nice.

Welcome to the blog world. It sounds like Jacob and Ryan will give you lots of good material. Last night Mia informed me that I was the worst mom that she had ever heard of. I take comfort in the fact that she's rather naive regarding the spectrum of bad moms. Aren't you so excited to have a girl?!

Looking forward to hearing about all the goings on in the Young household.

Anonymous said...

Dude, if I can get interested in blogs, anyone can!
-Dan Hull